visualizing m-lab data with bigquery: part two

When I wrote Part One, I wasn’t aware that it was going to need a Part Two. However, I was unsatisfied with the JavaScript version and the limitations incurred by trying to build a live app. I also wanted to make movies to show the time series of the data. As such, I rewrote the code in Python using the authorization technique for installed apps, and you can find that here.

I won’t go through the code in depth, because it’s fairly explanatory. It authorizes with, and gets, a BigQuery service then loops through the tables in the m_lab datastore running a query and plotting points on a map. However, the results of running it are much more satisfactory.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment here or contact me some other way.